First Aid in Armed Conflicts and other situations of violence
This course gives an understanding of your roles as a First Aider and will guide your decision making and actions during armed conflicts and other situations of violence.It is not enough to be experienced in the helping of the sick and the wounded , you must also understand the significance of the distinctive emblems, the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and the Red Crescent Movement and your rights and duties as a First Aider in armed conflicts as laid down in Geneva Conventions and their additional protocols.
Modules to be covered include:
- Armed conflicts and other situations of violence
- First Aider preparedness
- Caring for casualties
- Situation management
- Situation of mass casualty
- After providing care on the spot
- Life-saving techniques
- Stabilization techniques.
To whom this training is addressed:
- Well trained First Aiders working or intending to work in armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
- Military stretcher-bearers and medics in advanced first aid posts
- Military and civilian health professionals in field or district hospitals where the ability to provide patient care and perform surgery is limited or non-extent.
- Anyone with basic knowledge of first aid but wish to expand his scope of care in armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
The 4 day training will be seventy per cent practicals and simulations and thirty per cent simulationsSend Enquiry