This course is an appreciation course designed for site engineers, safety officers, site supervisory staff and scaffolders to equip them with the necessary knowledge and basic skills, to safely select, erect and dismantle metal scaffolds. Regulations and codes of practice related to metal scaffolding will also be covered.
Site engineers, Safety officers, Site Supervisors, Scaffolders or Contractors of construction industry.
Prerequisites: Some previous knowledge of scaffolds is desired.
- Overview of legislative provisions on metal scaffolding
- Understanding of codes of practice on safe use of metal scaffolding
- Introduction to different types of metal scaffolding
- Design principles of metal scaffolding
- Safe working procedures in metal scaffolding installation
- Identification of potential hazards and accident prevention
- Safety measures & use of personal protective equipment
- Basic theory on false work structures and design
- Cases studies on failure of metal scaffolding and false work
- Metal scaffold installation
- Stability check of metal scaffold
- Metal scaffold dismantling
Duration: 3 days.Send Enquiry